This humans-only seminar will help anyone who wants to bring their dog along with them hiking be prepared and ready to hit the trail safely. Whether you’re new to hiking or a veteran, we’ll review useful tips and tricks to make sure your dog has fun while being prepared to share the trail and leave no trace.
Discussion topics will include:
- Discussing hiking with your veterinarian, medical & physical considerations
- Trail etiquette and behaviors to train your dog
- Dog hiking gear & equipment
- Respecting wildlife, animal and plant risks to dogs
- Places to explore locally and beyond
This seminar is for guardians only; no dogs, please.
Duration: 1.5 hours
Fee: $20 per person suggested donation at the door
Included: Lecture and relevant handouts
There is no pre-registration required - you may just show up, as we have plenty of space available.
Upcoming seminar dates:
- Saturday, July 13, 12:00 - 1:30 pm - Geraldi Building, enter via 250 Florida Street